PHILOSOPHY OF OPERATION
Kay D'Esperans operates as a personal ministry of Functional Literacy Ministry of Haiti. Our facilities are open to people of all faith backgrounds who share our commitment to work in partnership the Haitian people to empower them through education, healthcare and hope. However, in keeping with our principles and values as a faith-based organization, we have adopted some Policies and ‘Recommendations for Personal Health and Safety’ while you are in Haiti.
The use of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages is not allowed anywhere on Kay D'Esperans property and on services arranged by Kay D'Esperans staff.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PERSONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
• NEVER leave the compound alone.
• ALWAYS make sure your team leader and the manager know where you are going. The roads are intertwine you can get lost easily. Not speaking the language can complicate the matter.
• ALWAYS drink only bottled of water or the water provided by the guest house.
• ALWAYS clean your teeth with the water provided by the guest house
• ALWAYS wash your hands before eating anything. Hand sanitizer is an option, but washing your hands with soap and water is better.
OPTIONAL CHARGES AT THE GUEST HOUSE
• If you have outside guests that you would like to join you for a meal, please let us know in advance. We will be happy to accommodate the request, but there will be a modest additional charge.
• We have laundry services - including drying and folding.
• We sell different kinds of drinks (soda and bottled water).
• Payments for services must be in cash. We are unable to accept checks.
Copies of our Policies, Recommendations for Personal Safety, and Charges for Optional Services are available upon request from Susan Robinson (USA Guest House Coordinator).